Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I got a new wallet today. Very long overdue, and I'm very pleased with my new wallet. It's more of a purse then a wallet. Whatever, I like it.
Anyway, as I was cleaning out my old wallet to transfer everything I need into my new purse, I found this article folded up in the depths of my wallet.
"A Chinese man has had the same pet snail for 11 years - and takes it for walks. Yang Jinsen has now had his pet for twice the normal life span of a snail. Jinsen, of Dongwan, found the snail when he was 14 and the snail the size of a coin. Now, he's a married man and the snail fills the palm of his hand. "I built a small home for it in the yard, and fed it water and soil," he said. "On weekends, I would take it walking in the fields."

I think that is pretty amazing. When I was younger, I used to collect all the snails from the vegie garden and put them in old ice-cream containers, with rocks and grass. The ice-cream containers would always be empty by the next morning. Owning the same snail for 11 years is a pretty amazing achievement.

No comments: