Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pole Dancing

So I'm finally doing pole dancing lessons, and it is amazing!!!
I've been wanting to do lessons for quite a while, but according to Melissa, it's a form of dancing just for women to get naked and to turn on men, and if I were to do pole dancing, she would stop speaking to me. Now that we are no longer friends, I can do pole dancing, for the real reason - to get fit and to have fun, and to try out a different sort of dancing.
I know pole dancing is nothing about getting naked and just to turn on men.
Pole dancing is about strength - a lot of strength. I'm already bruised from my first lesson, and my arms are feeling a little sore. I think the last time I got an arm work out that good was when I used to do trapeze. But seriously, so much strength is needed to do pole dancing. You have to hold your self up on the pole with just your arms or legs. And it is also so much fun!
Sure, you have to wear really short shorts, but if you were to wear pants, you would just slide right off the pole.
Proper pole dancing, is tasteful, and it looks amazing. I'm hoping I can get really good and move up to higher levels. I've started with the beginners class - which is a six week course, and right now, I'm definitely wanting to do another six week course once this one is done.

I'm already looking forward to next Friday, and to more bruises, and more sore muscles.

No comments: