Wednesday, May 26, 2010

one hundred

I hate to say it, but I miss hangovers.
I have no had an alcoholic drink since ANZAC day (and what a night that was  - a good one to temporarily end my drinking habits).
I miss the dryness in my mouth, I miss the headaches, I miss waking up with remnants of eye make-up still on my face (even though I use make-up remover wipes when I get home), I miss the gross feeling in my stomach, I miss trying to piece together the night before.
I just want to drink again, amongst other things.
I have a huge list of things to do once my back is all good and straight and not so painful.

1. organise night out with friends, a night involving lots of alcohol, and having a hangover the next day
2. get legs waxed
3. go shopping and buy a new dress
4. baking and cooking extravaganza - bake a thank you cake for my mum (Donna Hays chocolate layer cake - the gorgeous looking one on the cover of her 50th edition magazine), bake thank you peanut butter cupcakes for Scott for spending an evening in hospital with me, bake a thank you Mars Bar slice for Bec, just for being the first person to get me out of the house and making me excited, baking thank you chocolate m&m cookies for Rach, for spending an evening in hospital with me, and bringing me an awesome present. And just cooking as many dinners as possible. Oh how I miss cooking, even worse, watching Masterchef every night isn't doing any good for my not being able to stand long enough to cook.
5. go away somewhere. I was supposed to be in Adelaide this weekend with my family, but that is not possible. I'm thinking Byron Bay or Melbourne for a weekend. or even midweek, whichever is cheaper.
6. spend a day in Sydney. I miss Sydney. I've had to cancel two appointments in Sydney as I would not have lasted the train trip there. I miss Sydney. 
Thats all I can think of right now, but I do know there are a few other things on that list that I can't think of right now. Damn medications turning my brain into mush :(

No comments: