Friday, February 25, 2011

It's Happening

Im going overseas!!!
I've filled out my passport application and have the interview on Tuesday.
I've bought a suitcase, and mini travel padlocks and a secure strap for the suitcase.

I went to the travel agent yesterday, and got travel brochures. And then made a tentative booking for three Contiki tours. And Im paying the deposit tomorrow, and paying for my flights next week.

Im leaving Australia July 16 and I cannot wait!!! It's going to be all I talk about for the next five months.
As soon as I get to London, Im doing a four day London Explorer, then July 21 I go on a European Whirl tour, and return to London on August 7. I then have nine days in London to do whatever, then Im going on a four day Corfu explorer. 

When I get back, Im going to hand out resumes and hopefully secure some work, so I can live and work in London for a while, and travel around Europe on days off.
I already have plans to catch the train from London to Paris. I need to travel around Greece, especially the island of Kastellorizo, as thats the  island my great grandfather grew up on. I also want to visit Turkey, as my great grandfather was born in Turkey.
I would like to travel around Italy, as I love pizza and pasta and gelato. I want to visit Spain, and eat tapas and drink copious amounts of sangria. I want to go to Wales, as my father is Welsh.

Im so excited!!! 

1 comment:

A said...

Beyond Exciting!

Really looking forward to reading your blog as the trip gets closer :)