Sunday, October 18, 2009

Adelaide

October 13;
3.30 am wake-up and a big hug with my cat, who decided it was time to give my cheek a clean, thanks Meg! 
After getting ready, and nearly forgetting my deodorant, it was time to go to the airport in time to check in for my 6.35 am flight to Adelaide. Made it with plenty time to spare and got my boarding passes to Sydney, and to come back home (which saved time at Adelaide airport before I went home).
My mum got all excited at seeing the Krispy Kreme store, and then got let down it was closed. Had some yogurt and muesli for an early breakfast with mum (I have never eaten breakfast at 6 am before), and then went to wait for my plane.
Sucked majorly, as I didn't get the window seat, but the aisle seat does have it's advantages. And I finally conquered my fear of airplane toilets! (Although I did jump at the sound of the toilet flushing, so it may not be 100% conquered.)
Made it to Adelaide in one piece! It was a bit of a bumpy ride, but I like turbulence, for some reason, it reminds me of roller-coaster rides.
Got lost in Adelaide airport. I was looking EVERYWHERE for the bus stop, and was going to catch a taxi to my cousins place, when I decided to try the upstairs exit. Disco! Found the bus that goes to North Terrace!
After the bus ride into the city, I got lost again. I couldn't find the bus stop that would take me to Katies. I was walking all up and down North Terrace looking for this bus stop, till I get to the train station, so I cross the road to go to the train station, when I see a bus stop that the bus I need to catch it. I was on the wrong side of the road the entire time. about 40 minutes of looking for a bus stop, when all the time I was on the wrong side. I suck at directions. 
After waiting for about 40 minutes for the next bus to come (in the freezing cold wind!) I finally got onto the bus to take me to Katies. Yay!
Made it to Towers Terrace and waited for Katie and Ivy, about 3.5 hours after I actually got to Adelaide. 

It was so good to see my cousin again!!! I can't remember the last time I saw her, but it had definitely been a loooooooong time (it had been 12.5 years since the last time I was in Adelaide). And I finally met Ivy! My gosh, she is soooooooo CUTE!!! (And she looks like me, too, alot like my when I was that age.)
We got some lunch, and then went home to Katies place, where we at lunch and caught up and I got to witness the joys of a three year old, eating too many tim tams and getting a sugar rush.
There was so much catching up to do, and so much learning about my family and I loved it.
After thinking the rain had finally let off for the day, Katie, Ivy and I got a taxi to the shopping centre to get some food and lots of wine, and then back home to drink the lots of wine, and eat amazing pizza (balsamic caramelized onion, roast pumpkin, roast carrot, tomato and cheese - amazingly yum!)
After drinking a few too many glasses of wine and being awake for sssoooooooooo long (and gaining an extra half hour or so to my day with the time difference) it was time for bed.

No comments: