Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Adelaide

16 October;
My last full day in Adelaide. I was quite a little sad about that, but had an awesome day.
After spending most of the morning waiting for my uncle Pete and watching kids shows with Ivy, we set off to Central Markets for lunch. After finding a table and after I did a few laps of the food court, I settled on prawn wonton laksa. Totally have no idea what's in a wonton, but I don't like them, so I wont order one of them again. Apart from the wontons, the laksa was delicious and filling, and not overly spicy. Uncle Pete decided he wanted to pay for my lunch, so he handed $10 over to me, which I then went shopping with. Katie and I went into one of the many Asian supermarkets, and I bought strawberry cream filled pretzels (not too sure how they are pretzels, as the picture on the box does not resemble a pretzel - I can report back after I've opened the box and eaten them), a bag of grape jellies, and strawberry Japanese Zappo. And Katie bought Pocky, as I've never had it before, and she wanted me to try it. We walked through the HUGE awesome Central Markets - this place is amazing - and I bought a chai latte from a tea cafe, which name I cannot remember (it's a bit like T2, only they also make tea and coffee and milkshakes, and you can buy sandwiches and cakes and stuff).
Uncle Pete, Katie, Ivy and I all walked back to the car, full of food, to drive to the Japanese Gardens. It was really pretty in there, small, but pretty. I liked the peace garden, where all the sand/gravel was raked into really straight lines, and circled around large rocks, which are meant to be like islands in an ocean. There was also a duck pond, in which Ivy and I were looking in for fish (no fish were seen). After it started raining, we went back to the car and drove through the middle of the city to get back to uncle Pete's place.
Once at uncle Pete's, I met his array of animals - Henny Penny the bantem chook, Oscar the large, white cat, and Jesse/Silly Boy the dog. My favourite is definitely Henny Penny (who likes to eat weet-bix).
Ivy and I watched Cars (and I drank some more wine), while uncle Pete cooked burgers and homemade chips for dinner. Yum yum yum! Love Actually was on that night, so we all watched that, and went to bed, till it would be time to wake up at 6 am, to make it to the airport in time.

I got about 3 hours of sleep. I don't know why, but some nights I cannot sleep, and that was a night I could not sleep. But I still managed to get up and get ready in time to leave for the airport. Ivy was excited as! She loves watching the planes, and I think she was more interested in watching the planes, then saying goodbye to me. But she still gave me heaps of hugs and kisses before I went on the plane, and Katie took some photos of me and her watching the planes together.

No comments: